[PD] windows dosbox problems with nogui

Johannes Taelman Johannes.Taelman at rug.ac.be
Fri Nov 29 00:47:12 CET 2002

Citeren André Schmidt <andre at vju-tv.net>:

> hi ppl,
>
> i tried (the first time) pd with the flag "-nogui" and was first scared how
> slow it opened GrIPD. but i remebered something about adding object
> [netreceive] in your patch and voila, it all works smooth... but,
>
> 1. when i close GrIPD and then close the "dosbox" i get the "furious blue
> screen" on my win2k machine (yes, i know. it says somethig like "don't
> close this window when using midiin". but i dont know any other way how to
> close the dosbox without pd-gui... help!)

Yes this is almost certainly your midiport-driver crashing. Do you get "Process
has locked pages..." in your bluescreen? Are you using the midiman usb series
for midi? I wonder if it is specific to this brand of interfaces.

To quit nicely, you could send the message "pd quit" from GriPD.

> 2. can i run pd without the dosbox ? (eg. using/seeing only GrIPD)

Not that I know. You can minimize it.

 j#|@