[PD] GridFlow 0.7.0

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 2 02:07:13 CET 2003

[fwd: pd-list at iem.kug.ac.at, jmax at ircam.fr,
ruby-talk at ruby-lang.org, 0xFF at music.columbia.edu]

I am proud to announce a new release of GridFlow. Before going on with the
usual information, let me tell you that I have screenshots for you! Since
some may want to see what kind of animations may be done using GridFlow, I
also have added a 10-frame animated GIF.

http://artengine.ca/jmax/gridflow/gallery/color_correction.jmax.png
http://artengine.ca/jmax/gridflow/gallery/eclipse.jmax.jpg
http://artengine.ca/jmax/gridflow/gallery/feedback_fractal.jmax.png
http://artengine.ca/jmax/gridflow/gallery/fire.jmax.png
http://artengine.ca/jmax/gridflow/gallery/polygon.jmax.png
http://artengine.ca/jmax/gridflow/gallery/ripple.jmax.png
http://artengine.ca/jmax/gridflow/gallery/motion_tracking.gif

----------------------8<--------cut-here--------8<----------------------

Here is a new release of GridFlow (a multi-dimensional dataflow processing
library for Ruby, jMax and PureData, specialized in pictures and video)

	http://artengine.ca/jmax/gridflow/
	http://artengine.ca/jmax/gridflow/download/gridflow-0.7.0.tar.gz

If you have any questions and/or want to talk, there is the #dataflow
chatroom on IRC.FreeNode.Net, where all MAX-like software is on-topic.

If you have any trouble installing GridFlow, please send me an email about
it or see me on IRC.

version 0.7.0 (2003.02.01):

 * new classes: @cast, @join, @ravel, @grade, @perspective
 * new grid protocol supports several number types (added uint8,int16)
 * added number type support in most classes
 * added "option cast" for @in in some formats
 * can now specify number types in grid literals
 * added some MMX support (accelerates by 0%..40%)
 * @import: added optional 2nd arg specifying type.
 * @import: can convert symbols to grids of their ascii codes.
 * new [@import per_message] yields one grid per incoming message
 * [fps]: added options "user" "system" "cpu" for selecting clock
 * aalib: added options autodraw, draw, dump
 * aalib: added raw input (two channels: characters, attributes)
 * x11: added support for 256-color mode using a private colormap.
 * x11: added "use_stripes" for alternate 256-color rendering.
 * fixed problems with earlier versions of Ruby (like 1.6.2)
 * new samples: polygon.jmax
 * videodev_effects.jmax: added sort-effects, centre-of-gravity-tracking
 * the time profiler is back to working !!!
 * @scale_by, @downscale_by: added right inlet, for configuration
 * @store is a bit faster
 * ppm: accelerated by large amount
 * @outer, at inner, at inner2, at fold accelerated by obscene amount

(the previous version was released on 2002.01.10)