[PD] Re: GEM/maxlib scale problem

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Fri Feb 7 13:46:46 CET 2003

hi,

this is basically an explicit way of achieving what IOhannes
proposed some time ago.  The problem is that nobody without gem
installed would ever write 'maxlib.scale' -- so patches still
remain nonportable.  The solution is either for Pd to store lib
names in a patch file (thus implicitly declaring patch
dependencies), or for the external writers to simply avoid name
clashes in the first place.

Krzysztof