[PD] pd -nogui , cpuload

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu umbpux at tin.it
Sat Feb 8 16:32:18 CET 2003

Hi!

I don't have any explanation/solution, sorry.

May I ask if you are experimenting any or more drop outs when the
cpu-load is exploded?

I use a nqpoly~-based granulator with high polyphony and the cpu load is
not always what I may expect. The strange fact is that I can ask PD to
perform approximately the same amount of work even when the cpu load is
jumped up.
Before it jumps it obviously goes up and down following my activity, so
I though of some waste of cycles somewhere in some object after it has
been "activated" but I never performed debugging or profiling and I
never looked at the implementation of several objects that I use in this
context.

But maybe this is completely unrelated and I don't use -nogui.

Regards,

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu.