[PD] New York Stammtisch

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Feb 9 03:46:57 CET 2003

On Thursday, Jan 30, 2003, at 08:46 America/New_York, marco at metm.org
wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 11:49:16AM -0500, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> After a great experience with the Vienna Stammtisch, I am back in New
>> York wanting to start such a meeting here.  But I only know of one
>> other New Yorker on this list, Greg Rippin.
>>
>> Who all from this list is in the NYC area?  Anyone want to participate
>> in a meeting of pd minds?
>>
>> .hc
>
> Hello Hans-Christoph,
>
> I am in NY.
> And would love to meet up.

OK, I've started a NewYorkStammtisch page on the WikiWiki.  Let's start
getting this together.  Anyone who is interested should add themselves
to the page on the WikiWiki.  Greg offered space at the NYU Music Tech
dept to meet.  I am booked Mon-Wed with class (so I can't go to dorkbot
either).  Otherwise I am pretty flexible.

> Do you go to dorkbots at columbia?
> Don't know of any pd'ers there but many max'ers and other
> expensive non-free software users though.

I've been to dorkbot once and presented at dorkbot another time.  Its
definitely an interesting meeting.