[PD] MIDI controller question

derek derek at x-i.net
Mon Feb 10 19:02:19 CET 2003

stephen,

i've been working on a patch that divides my Kaos pad into sectors for
this express purpose. the basic scheme is:

[ctlin]------[>36]-------[<38]-------[select 1]----[bang]------[toggle]

with a [metro 100] sending "0" to the [>n] to reset it.  use the logic
output of the [<n] object to trigger the [select 1]. the constant stream
of zeros will reset the whole patch correctly, as long as you dont need
to touch your button twice in 100 ms.... then every time it gets your
value, say "37" in this case,  it will "bang" the toggle.

the Kaos pad patch does this for 30 different toggle boxes, depending on
where i touch the pad, so the number filtering is more complex [and
isn't quite finished yet :-) ]. but this is a good place to start. mail
me offlist if you don't quite grok this and want to see my spaghetti...

derek