[PD] re-send of question

Jeffrey Hildebrand jshildebrand at ucdavis.edu
Tue Feb 11 04:43:19 CET 2003

   I didn't get any response so maybe you all just missed it or it wasn't
sent. My main question is if anybody has any ideas on how to have Pd run
multiple sources using a spatial sound patch.

   Here's my previous email:

          it was a stupid mistake i was making, but now the external works
perfectly like it should. there are some issues in expanding the pd patch,
because right now there is only one source sound.

          i tried running two copies of the patch in the SAME patch (two
sets of controls with two externals), but it brought the CPU load up to
about 40%. in pd, how could i design it so that i could add a new mono
sound, and then position that sound where i want it and be able to switch
between multiple sounds and position one of them at a time?

          on a side note, running the same algorithm in jack (alsa API)
takes about 0.9 % CPU load... as opposed to pd at about 40 %

                                   scott