[ot] stuffit linux [Was: [PD] PD usability]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Feb 12 19:36:28 CET 2003

Hi,
Adam Lindsay wrote:
> So the freeware expander available at:
> <http://www.stuffit.com/stuffit/linux/index.html>
> didn't work? (Ignore the rest of the software they seem to want you
> "evaluate"... the rest of us do.)

The Linux version isn't freeware, it seems to stop working after some time.
I did have a version, but it doesn't work anymore. And now, being a
headstrong fundamentalist ;), I refuse to download a 1.9 MB expander again
to unpack 0.1 MB of patches. This Expander would only "expand" my download
time.

But I'm getting DSL in 3-4 weeks. I think, I'll download Stuffit again
then.

Regards,
--
Frank Barknecht