[PD] PD usability

tom at nullpointer.co.uk tom at nullpointer.co.uk
Wed Feb 12 19:36:34 CET 2003

Lets face it.. people who can afford macs can afford max......(snigger)
No but seriously, I use and have both, but i dont find pd more difficult
than max to follow/use..
In many ways I prefer the simpler nature of patch appearance especially when
i am trying to
explain a process to someone.. (its harder to hide stuff)

But I can see how some users are alienated by aspects of the software.
However I feel this occurs more in the installation/configuration area
rather than the GUI.
I was thrown slightly by the commandline options in dos when i first started
using pd..
And if it wasn't for Adams great OSx packages I would still be struggling
with my setuid and -rt stuff.
(MacOS/unix is a real brush it under the carpet job).