[PD] PD usability

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Wed Feb 12 20:07:39 CET 2003

> PD is a great tool, and I agree things will only get better the more
artists are using it.

Totally agreed, but most artists just want to _use_ it for their art, not
develop it. What exactly should cause them to use PD instead of Max/MSP? I
think that Max/MSP has a really fair price if you're seriously working with
it.
For me, the main reason to trust in PD is the fact that i'm silly enough to
waste my time with developing basics (and neglecting art) and hoping that
something really powerful can come out in the end if more people are
thinking in the same way.
It's very idealistic though and may prove wrong.