[PD] PD usability

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Wed Feb 12 22:59:36 CET 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc Lavallée" <odradek at videotron.ca>
To: "pd-list" <pd-list at iem.kug.ac.at>
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 10:37 PM
Subject: Re: [PD] PD usability

>One idea would be to distribute PD with as much stuff as possible,
>making sure all files (externals, help patches, documentation, etc) are
>packaged in a consistant way. It really is difficult for beginners to
>use and enjoy PD in the first place, and that should not be the case.

Pd is still a beta-release 0(!).36, but still this idea sounds good to me,
too.
plus a small setup-program where the settings are done (sound/midi-devices,
buffers, ...), self-installing to user-defined directory and coming with all
available externals, also including a renewed 0.intro.txt reference-file.
yes, yes, at least for all windows-users this would be a great feature...

marius.