[PD] Pd with 2 soundcards (Linux/Alsa)

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Feb 12 23:41:23 CET 2003

Hallo,

I'd like to dj with my shiny new laptop and Pd. The laptop has a
crappy intel_810 onboard chip and will get a quality USB stereo
external box this weekend (probably the Edirol UA-20, any comments?)
to work with ALSA.

While dj'ing, I thought of using the onboard chip to prelisten tracks,
and use the USB for the audience. Now I wonder, if anyone already did
something like that and if it would be technically possible at all.

I was thinking of an ~/.asoundrc setup as described on
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/asoundrc.php3?module=usb-audio

Can Pd use such a multi-device? Or how would you dj with Pd?

ciao