pd packages [was: [PD] PD usability - .debs]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Feb 13 16:01:06 CET 2003

Hi,
guenter geiger schrieb:
> The pd-externals package still exists, it is a demudi only thing
> (maybe planet ccrma has it too, I don know ..)

CCRMA only has zexy, Gem and ggee. I had a discussion with Fernando
regarding joining forces with the CVS. I'd like to see rpm-packages with
similar names and contents as the Debs, and Fernando agreed with that. This
is necessary for Demudi/Rehmudi anyway, isn't it?

Maybe we should try to convince Fernando to put his rpm-scripts into the
souceforge CVS? Then one could build rpms from the CVS contents as
easy as the Debs.

Btw regarding my externals and other externals depending on flext in
general.  I've come to the conclusion, that they should build-depend on
pd-flext, and not, as it is currently the case, look for flext in a
repository's path.  So we could maybe package all flext-externals together
into a package called pd-flexternals, but build them after pd-flext is
installed? This could include Thomas single externals like idelay and
xsample as well.

ciao
--
Frank Barknecht