pd packages [was: [PD] PD usability - .debs]

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Thu Feb 13 18:00:25 CET 2003

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hi,
> guenter geiger schrieb:
> > The pd-externals package still exists, it is a demudi only thing
> > (maybe planet ccrma has it too, I don know ..)
>
> CCRMA only has zexy, Gem and ggee. I had a discussion with Fernando
> regarding joining forces with the CVS. I'd like to see rpm-packages with
> similar names and contents as the Debs, and Fernando agreed with that. This
> is necessary for Demudi/Rehmudi anyway, isn't it?
>
> Maybe we should try to convince Fernando to put his rpm-scripts into the
> souceforge CVS? Then one could build rpms from the CVS contents as
> easy as the Debs.
>
> Btw regarding my externals and other externals depending on flext in
> general.  I've come to the conclusion, that they should build-depend on
> pd-flext, and not, as it is currently the case, look for flext in a
> repository's path.  So we could maybe package all flext-externals together
> into a package called pd-flexternals, but build them after pd-flext is
> installed? This could include Thomas single externals like idelay and
> xsample as well.

Yes, this is a good idea. I am not very happy with the build system how
it is now, but I do not have the time to change anything, so everyone who
has new ideas and improvements is welcome to implement them.

Maybe we should make a release for that. We need someone who builds the
externals on Windows and OSX too.

Guenter