[PD] compiling osx externals / usability

david casal D.Casal at uea.ac.uk
Thu Feb 13 21:26:48 CET 2003

Hello,

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> This is why my externals come with Linux-only makefiles. There's not
> much I can do about it if I don't want to include totally untested
> makefiles written by guessing. But I welcome anyone to commit their
> W32 and OS-X makefiles into my CVS-directory on sf.net.

I understand, of course. Well, if I get further with this (though I
suspect that Adam will be of much more use in this respect), I will
definitely commit makefiles I know work. As Adam suggested, anybody trying
to compile stuff in OSX should -add- targets instead of making new
makefiles, so I'll try to do that where I can, otherwise I'll commit
'makefile_darwin's...

I'd like to begin by putting the ann external makefile I made in
there...can I have permission to do that? WHo's 'forum::für::umläute'
again? Is it Iohannes?

david casal                   --0+
    ---
d.casal at uea.ac.uk             --9+