[PD] compiling osx externals / usability

david casal D.Casal at uea.ac.uk
Fri Feb 14 09:38:29 CET 2003

Hey,

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, guenter geiger wrote:

> I compile them with a "simple" makefile from /build/linux

as do I, when I am at home in the blissful arms of debian 2.4.18.
unfortunately, I work in a department full of macs running osx (which I am
learning to love/hate). Try running Cocoon/Jboss in osx 10.2 (sorry OT)

> There is build/darwin, which is in need of something similar
> (or better, considering that not all externals can be built from
> one file, and some of them need additional libraries).

yup, and build/darwin contains a suspiciously linux-looking makefile ;)

> But for now, probably you can start from the /build/linux/makefile and
> do something similar. Would be great.

Well following Adam's advice, I did start with that one and tried, but
there's a lot to do. I suspect that Adam would do better than I will.
Maybe, if I just go about compiling everything and finding bits, he could
help in integrating those into the general makefile? Adam?

So far, I've managed to produce a makefile which works for ann, maxlib had
n osx target already (just did -Wno-shadow and -Wno-error), and I'm now
trawling through the rest.