[PD] gripd was: PD usability

Michal Seta mis at creazone.32k.org
Sat Feb 15 22:11:26 CET 2003

Hi Joe,

I wasn't sure if your reply was intended for the list as well...  I'm cc'ing it just in case.

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:50:17 -0800
"Joseph A. Sarlo" <jsarlo at ucsd.edu> wrote:

> Actually, its wxWindows, so it's only GTK under, GTK+/Linux (could work with
> Motif if you'd prefer). It's Windows native GUI controls under Windows.
> Basically, it's natice controls under whatever system you're running.

Oh, yeah, I forgot that that's what wxWindows is all about.  I got GTK+ look, obviously.

> > Speaking of GriPD, it needs tabs! (IMHO)
>
> Tabs? What do you mean?

I mean a possibility of having multiple screens in one window so that you show only one and the other ones are hidden and you can bring any one to the fron with a click (and/or, even better, a key stroke).  I guess they call them panels as well...  You get those usually in preferences dialog boxes in various apps (hmm... I don't have any examples off hand...  OpenOffice has it I think).

cheers

./MiS