[PD] pdp / gem

pix pix at test.at
Mon Feb 17 11:51:43 CET 2003

> 	- me (Gem -pdp -pidip)(i'm still having w*t dreams in which i can
> 	apply the
> pdp pidip effects on the Gem output)

yeah joining these two would be nice. i think the object-parsimonious (but
probably cpu exhaustive) way to get these libraries talking together is to
build sig2pdp~ and pdp2sig~ objects.

then you can burn lots of cpu cycles with pix_snap~ -> pix_pix2sig~ ->
then recomposite the three greyscale layers with  3x[ sig2pdp~ ->
pdp_gradient -> pdp_add]

personally i'm more interested in applying pdp packets as textures in
gem...

there are probably faster ways to do with without the intermediate sig
objects, actually, perhaps pix2pdp + pdp2pix is even easier to make?

just thinking out loud. someone other than me will probably be first to
make either of these objects.

pix.