[PD] pd performances

J. Scott Hildebrand jshildebrand at ucdavis.edu
Thu Feb 20 21:00:21 CET 2003

    hey,

          is there any artists or professionals that use pd and/or
framestein or GEM in actual recordings, performances or industry?

          i'm trying to understand the scope of it's use and what kind of
people use it primarily. i'm tempted to think that only REALLY tech-savvy
people are into it because it seems inaccessable to purely artist-type
people. any info is appreaciated!

                                           scott

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Josh Steiner wrote:

> people are doing stuff every day in dozens of coutries with pd and its
> associated libraries... its really exciting :)
>
> these guys use framestein (http://framestein.org) for their video stuff,
> and i'd imagine pd for the sound:
>
> http://pinktwins.com
>
> very cool stuf IMHO
>
> -josh
>
> --
> independent u.s. drum'n'bass -- http://vitriolix.com
>

> J. Scott Hildebrand wrote:
>
> >       can anybody tell me about actual performances that have taken place
> >using pd to do synthesis or to integrate live audio with live/pre-recorded
> >video and/or graphics? i just want to get an idea of what's already been
> >done with pd.
> >
> >                                      happy valentines day!
> >
> >                                                   scott

	"640K ought to be enough for anybody." -- Bill Gates, 1981