[PD] pd performances

chris clepper cclepper at artic.edu
Thu Feb 20 21:54:48 CET 2003

>     hey,
>
>           is there any artists or professionals that use pd and/or
>framestein or GEM in actual recordings, performances or industry?
>
>           i'm trying to understand the scope of it's use and what kind of
>people use it primarily. i'm tempted to think that only REALLY tech-savvy
>people are into it because it seems inaccessable to purely artist-type
>people. any info is appreaciated!

scott

over in pd-dev this is _exactly what we are discussing right now.
i'm very much pushing GEM toward being a much easier to use tool for
artists.  i have to agree that GEM has a long way to go in this
respect, but we are getting there (albeit slowly).  thanks for
posting your impression, it helps the developers out a lot!

any others who have similar or counter views on the subject of GEM's
accessibility and usability please chime in.

thanks
cgc