[PD] PD 4 EM

Ivan Franco ivan.franco at ydreams.com
Thu Feb 20 23:38:05 CET 2003

On Thursday, February 20, 2003, at 09:20 PM, Jim Aikin wrote:

> I've been assigned to write a feature on Pd for an upcoming issue of
> Electronic Musician. This will be mainly introductory -- letting
> people know that Pd exists, what it can do, what it's like to work
> with it, etc.

This seems great concerning the last posts on the usability issue. If a
magazine like
Electronic Musician is interested in writing about PD then this means
that surely this:
"... its definitely for the tech savvy, i'm not sure it will ever not
be.
it is a media programming language afterall."
= F
and this:
"i'm sure as time progresses we will see things built with pd
meant to be used by the less tech savvy."
=T
People want to have more control over machines so that
software and code and merging together and creating a
diffuse frontier between them. That's why the visual programming
environment paradigm has succeeded in other areas with
stuff like virtools. I've even heard about stuff like this to use
like translators for things like .Net.
so basically maybe as computer users grow everyday it will
become more common to have people dealing with now
considered "more advanced" knowledge.
Just sharing some thoughts
Ivan