[PD] Linux, Hammerfall, ALSA

Johannes Taelman Johannes.Taelman at rug.ac.be
Fri Feb 21 15:40:16 CET 2003

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, guenter geiger wrote:

> Johannes,
>
> thanks for the feedback. this is very important for me, because I do
> not have a HDSP card.
> I will address the 512 blicksize issue soon, this will improve latency
> figures (Should improve the behaviour of pd/ALSA in general, at least that
> is what I hope for).
>
> Will post updates to the list.

Great. I'm ready to test further updates.

Could you please also adress the 96kHz issue? I really need 96kHz for
ultrasound motion capture...

To use PD+ASIO+win2k+HDSP at 96kHz, I have to trick my soundcard by
opening the MME driver at 96kHz in another application while starting PD.
Otherwise portaudio/asio seems confused by the different number of
channels at different samplerates. Sounds like a similar problem is
happening in alsa. Also this message appears in dmesg:

ALSA ../../alsa-kernel/pci/rme9652/hdsp.c:698: cannot change between
single- and double-speed mode (capture PID = 651, playback PID = 651)

Now on to getting my midiman usb midisport 4x4 to work past its first
port...

 j#|@