[PD] PD 4 EM

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Feb 21 20:51:12 CET 2003

Hallo,
Jim Aikin hat gesagt: // Jim Aikin wrote:

> The feature will be much stronger if I have some input from folks in the
> Pd user community. If you have 30 seconds, I'd love to get some feedback
> or commentary on the following points:

Okay, 30 seconds:

> 1) What do you use Pd for? Have you used it in any performances or
> recordings you'd like others to know about?

I'm not there yet, give me some more months.

> 2) Are there musical tasks that you feel Pd is *not* especially well
> suited for? What are they? Are there limitations you're hoping will be
> addressed in future updates?

2a) Pd's not so well in non-realtime composition.
2b) Limitations: GUI sometimes feels sluggish, and is hard to extend.
Preset-saving. I couldn't get support for 2 soundcards at once to work
for DJ'ing.

> 3) What are your favorite online resources for learning Pd and/or
> extending it?

Above all: these lists.
http://pure-data.sourceforge.net. Use the source, Luke.
www.citeseer.com, musicdsp.org, linux-sound.org

> Thanks in advance for any and all responses. I can't promise to quote
> you directly in the article, but your feedback will be incredibly useful.

Stop. 56 seconds. I didn't meet the dead line. I wish you better luck
with that ;)

ciao