[PD] PD 4 EM

David McCallum 8dngm at qlink.queensu.ca
Sat Feb 22 03:49:05 CET 2003

         I really hate to say this, because I hate it when the super 31337
Linux hackers shoot down the newbies, but newbies can be a boon. Have you
ever subscribed to the Max mailing list? I was on for a week and had to
leave. There were so many RTFM questions I couldn't process signal from
noise...

         I know, I know, so unconstructive. Bring on the newbies...

At 05:04 PM 21/02/2003 -0800, J. Scott Hildebrand wrote:
>      i think it's important that people get involved regardless of how
>many clueless newbies get on board. if there were never newbies, then
>there would be no advanced users, and more importantly there would be no
>resources. this is kind of a similar thing as to when people complain
>about their favorite small unknown band making it big. if they make it
>big, it means that they'll more likely continue to make music that you can
>get access to. if they don't make it, then it's likely you'll never hear
>another record from then again... and if pd doesn't "make it," it'll never
>improve and it'll become old dusty software that very few people use.
>
>                                                scott

.
. David McCallum
.  Music wants to be free