[PD] PD 4 EM

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Feb 22 09:43:52 CET 2003

Hallo,
David McCallum hat gesagt: // David McCallum wrote:

> Have you ever subscribed to the Max mailing list? I was on for a
> week and had to leave. There were so many RTFM questions I couldn't
> process signal from noise...

You beat me mentioning the max-msp list, as I was about to, but
reading it for about 3 weeks now, I cannot say, that it is such a bad
list as you described it. In fact I find it is very balanced in its
topics ranging from obvious newbie questions to some more higher level
stuff. I would expect pd-list to be more like max-msp, if Pd was as
popular as Max, but I could live with that. Pd and Max both are for
the more experienced audio software user and developer and they are
not Cubase or Reaktor.

The only thing I didn't like on max-msp is the attitude of some (only
some) posts, that have a tone like: "I paid for it, so fix my problem
immediatly, I don't need to say thank you." But this is something,
that is increasing in linux-lists as well with the advent of
commercial linux software and distributions.

ciao