[PD] Re: GEM for MacOSX

chris clepper cclepper at artic.edu
Sun Feb 23 01:35:52 CET 2003

>I get my copy from:
>http://homepage.mac.com/tigital/
>
>I'm sure Jamie et al could give more details.

That's a pretty old build of GEM (a few months at least).  There are
more recent builds available here:
http://taproot.dyndns.org/~cgc/

Currently three versions exist there:
CVS - the latest CVS version
Experimental - stuff that has yet to make it to CVS
GemG4 - same as the experimental version but with compiled with
Altivec enhanced objects

The Experimental/G4 version has things like VBL sync, more
anti-aliasing/blending in the Geos, more altivec code, and some extra
processing objects compared the CVS version.  All versions should
have DEBUG on, so it will be easier to find and fix problems and
crashes.

Also, grab the help/demo patches on the page to get up to speed with
all of the new stuff.

I'm actually adding some newer builds right now, and will try to get
everything fully up to date by Sunday.  I'm also working on a FAQ and
also some info on tips, tricks and performance tweaks for the site.
And perhaps making the page less primitive.

cgc