[PD] m-audio quattro and alsa

august august at alien.mur.at
Mon Feb 24 12:48:37 CET 2003

Hi list,

I noticed some of you out there also have an m-audio quattro.

just curious, how do you get pd to recognize all 4 channels at once.
every combination of "pd -channels 4"  recognizes just 2 channels and
spits out:
	snd_pcm_hw_params_set_channels (input): Invalid argument
	snd_pcm_hw_params_set_channels (output): Invalid argument

however, I can get pd to play out on the two seperate pcm's with:

	pd -alsa  -alsadev "hw:0,0"
	 &
	pd -alsa  -alsadev "hw:0,1"

I can't however do this to get 4 channels:
	pd -alsa  -alsadev "hw:0,0" -alsadev "hw:0,1" -channels 4

with oss emulation, its the same (only it doesn't spit out any error
messages).

anyone got a successful combination ?

thanks - august.