[PD] QUICKBASIC

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Mon Feb 24 13:58:43 CET 2003

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003, david casal wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Feb 2003, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> > "shell" in ggee (not on W32, I guess). Be *very* cardful with "shell"
> > and move the external to a secureed directory, if you run pd suid
> > root.  Actually I now almost hanged my system when trying to run
> > bwbasic through "shell" ;)
>
> ah yes. thank you, will try documenting that.

ah yes, thank you, I will try to fix that ...
I think I should downgrade the priorities for the shell thread.
In general, I think shell can be very general, and you can load
every scripting language and comunicate through stdin/stdout.-

Ok, course it is experimental, but with feedback from ppl who use it
it can improve....

Greetings,

Guenter