[PD] Problems with v0.36 on windows

nihil damabb at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 27 00:04:07 CET 2003

Had a previous version of pd that ran without trouble
(unfortunately off my system now, and I can't remember
the version number - sorry....), but with the same
system (windows 98) I now have a recurring problem
with v0.36: things work perfectly well for a limited
period and then, for no apparent reason that I can
predict or duplicate, the screen either freezes up
(the mouse will move, but clicking does nothing) and
stays that way, or the screen just goes completely
black.

This happens nearly every time I use Pd and I can't
work out why. Any suggestions?