[PD] audio dropouts when loading samples

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Thu Feb 27 13:45:28 CET 2003

Matthew Nish-Lapidus schrieb:

> what happened to the threaded verison of soundfiler that's on that same
> site?  it's an old version of pd, is there any way somebody could update
> 0.36 with the threaded soundifler?

As you noticed it was a patched pd 0.35 test 26. But the zip contains the
changed sources from Yves and maybe it's possible to apply the same changes to
the current version of Pd. I haven't tried to do so because the changes did not
solve the problem of audio dropouts completely.

Regarding readsf~, it uses a (small) circular buffer, that's why there is some
delay. But it's on the other hand the only way to get threaded externals to
work.
With something like [readsf~ 2 64] for example one would get 64k buffer for each
of the two channels. The default is 256k.

Olaf