[PD] Force Feedback Joysticks

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Feb 27 18:33:33 CET 2003

I was wondering whether anyone here has worked with force feedback
joysticks.  Specifically any of the Immersion-based ones.  Their SDK
runs on Windows and they just released it for MacOS X in 10.2.3.  I
want to use these with pd.  They are USB joysticks, and they do work
under linux with the linux joystick drivers but since the SDK is closed
source and they have released a linux version, you can't use the force
feedback under linux, but 'iFeel' vibration stuff has been ported.

I just got my joystick in today, and I have just started looking at the
SDK...