[PD] Drivers question

MC DANIEL WADE ARCHIE mcdaniew at ucsu.colorado.edu
Fri Feb 28 19:08:57 CET 2003

It may be off topic but I have these aardvark-pro soundcards that I want
to use PD with in a linux environment. Has anyone tried to write there own
drivers for ASIO soundcards and if so could they point me to some
resources on linux sound driver programming?

Windows is kind of slow and limiting...
I hear the latency for ASIO under linux can be less than 3ms where as
windows is usually much higher, a hinderance for live performances. Any
advice for reducing pd latency would be helpfull as well (aside of the
obvious defrag HD and free up memmory and the like).

Sorry again for the tangential nature of this post and any help is
appreciated!

-the wade