[PD] windows binaries / cvs

smoerk smoerk at gmx.de
Fri Feb 28 19:16:22 CET 2003

guenter geiger wrote:
> hi smoerk,
>
> you are absolutely right, we should fix ASAP the build process for
> Windows.
>
> But first, for those who want to try it, you have to install WinCVS.
> It is pretty useless to download the CVS tarball (which, you are right,
> can't be used for development).

but there is a link on pure-data.sf.net which says "If you absoluetly cannot use
CVS, there are nightly CVS-tarballs of the whole project tree available (around
15 MB currently)".

maybe it would be wise to remove this, if there are no snapshots, which could be
compiled.

>>also there seems to be no chance for me to compile this stuff with a free
>>compiler for windows.
>>
>>is it maybe possible to provide weekly or monthly binaries for windows?`i'm
>>bored of downloading externals from different locations on the net, which are
>>not recent versions.
>

> Yes, this would be great !
> The problem we have currently is, that we do not have developers on
> windows that are willing to do this.
>
> All of this is based on volunteers work. The advantage of the CVS is that
> we are in the position to collect all the work that is done. This work
> includes compiling externals and fixing the problems that accur when doing
> so.
>
> So, again, this is a call for help. Is there anyone out there
> who is willing to do the compilation system for windows in the CVS ?

what about cross-compiling from linux? i don't know if there is any chance to
get it work... i cannot compile windows externals, because i cannot install a
cracked version of MS VC++ on our university computers... ;-)