[PD] Jack issues

Daniel Hawthorn junk at icdc.com
Fri Feb 28 22:25:02 CET 2003

Hello all,

I've got an M-Audio Quattro set up on my RedHat 8.0 system and I've been
having trouble using PD + jack and four channels.  When I start jack
with the hw driver, the first two channels (in and out) bind fine in PD.
  However, when I run jack using the q4b driver (4 ins, 4 outs) the
outputs bind properly.  Although the connections look fine in
QJackConnect, with pd's outs connecting to my quattro's two outs in the
proper way, I only can get sound out of PD's second output.  And
furthermore, the sound I get out of the second output is coming out of
_all_four_ of my quattro outs.  What's going on here?  Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Daniel