[PD] Get response : "Can't load gem library..." /newbie

MchZanes2 at aol.com MchZanes2 at aol.com
Tue Mar 4 19:32:32 CET 2003

                      Anyone w/XP OS  able to "plug-in" Gem to PD?  I ran
"GEM_INSTALL.bat" from the command prompt and doing that moved the contents
of Gem around so I'm assuming PD is ready to take Gem as plug-in; however...
when I type in C:/pd/bin/pd -lib/gen/Gen  or C:\pd\bin\pd -lib/gem/Gem  what
I get is a lexicon of various flags preceded by "usage: pd [flags] [file]"
... Is  the command prompt "telling me" to enter info. differently? Other
variations gave me command line response " cannot open gem library", but most
permutations simply gave me "cannot find specified path"...

                     If the amount of "reward" in a given activity is in
inverse proportion to the amount/level of frustration which proceeds
it...then I'll keep pluggin' away. But if anyone holds the
KEY....(salivation)....................Thanks again............