[PD] Gem B3 on g4 733 with Nvidia card

chris clepper cclepper at artic.edu
Thu Mar 6 21:01:58 CET 2003

>Render 1 (ATI)  has:
>
>and no HW acceleration.
>
>Does this give any indication as to the problem, seems to do the
>same thing if I put the PD window on the second screen and try
>creating a gem window.

that's the problem right there.  you need hardware acceleration for
that card for GEM to work.  there is a problem with 10.2 installing
drivers for non OEM cards.  some people have reported that the point
updates have installed the hardware gl drivers, while other have had
mixed success with the ATI drivers available on the ATI website.
http://mirror.ati.com/support/driver.html

cgc