[PD] gem pix_videoDarwin

Me tigital at mac.com
Thu Mar 6 22:30:34 CET 2003

On Thursday, March 6, 2003, at 01:13  PM, Adam Lindsay wrote:
> A few questions about (future?) functionality: will it support multiple
> devices? Can I use it at above 320x240 at some point? The last one
> would
> be very nice, as DV (with "high quality" enabled) *should* give
> stunningly clear results.

...multiple devices would be nice, and is actually being looked into
now for my current project; as it is now, we simply do the 'quick and
dirty' method:  assume that if a second screen is available, put the
GEM window there fullscreen...

...320x240 is an artificial imposition, only hard coded because chris'
first attempt at switchable resolutions didn't behave as expected!
Neither of us have looked at it since, but I can say that it's easy to
recompile with a changed resolution, and indeed I've done many things
with 640x480 images!  Also, don't forget that there's a speed
difference between [pix_videoDarwin] and [yuv_videoDarwin]!...and both
of these will be rolled into a single [pix_videoDarwin] that'll be
usable simply as [pix_video]...this is a "to-do" list item that keeps
getting overlooked  ;-)

> This is a real kick in the behind to get to know how to use Gem more,
> especially with the nice, seamless choosing of an external display.
>
> Thanks, Jamie and Chris (and Mark and IOhannes, etc....)

your welcome!  I hope that more people realize what pd/GEM is capable
of, and look forward to starting a collection of 'abstractions'!

l8r,
jamie