[PD] [slightly OT]tcp connections in max[okay maybe quite alot OT]

Edward George ed at suppose.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 18:53:52 CET 2003

I know this isn't really PD based but it kind of is:)
I'm using pd in my work but there's the possibility of collaboration
with someone using MAX on the horizon based on some stuff I've done
already with PD.

Now, I don't have a mac so I can't really try it out.

What I need to know is does max have tcp sockets and if so, is there any
point of sending textual data to it (ie can it split and process text
like pd can)?

(I'm not purely sending synchronization data but lots of data streams
-from non music environments- for generation of whatever it is we do)

I realise this isn't strictly pd but I guessed most (or at-least) some
of you have tried something cross-environment or just used both
programs.

Thanks for your help.
Ed, Suppose, Nottingham UK.
http://www.suppose.co.uk