[PD] sound daemon with esd?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Mar 18 14:55:29 CET 2003

Hallo,
guenter geiger hat gesagt: // guenter geiger wrote:

> The cool thing about using it with jack is that you can hook up all
> sorts of pd effects to freebirth.

Yes, that's cool. At the LAD conference, I did a short presentation of
Pd (sorry, no recordings of that available) where I showed how to
control two alsaplayer instances with Pd using the apctl externals.
Because of lack of time I didn't show how to route both alsaplayer's
through Pd with Jack, but I already tried it and it works great. Using
pd with 4-channel output on my Quattro, one can also choose one pair
of outputs for prelistening on headphones and control volumes and what
plays on which output with Pd.

It's like a selfmade NI Traktor.

I'll clean up this patches a bit and send them to Chris (apctl author)
as example patches.

ciao