[PD] Video analysis - more questions

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 19 06:03:00 CET 2003

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, arm pdlist wrote:

> What tools do you recommend? I've heard about GridFlow (although i
> don't really know what it does)

It provides you with enough math operators to cook up your own
analysis patches/abstractions.

> but i use PD and GEM in Windows, so i think GridFlow is out of
> question (it runs on Linux only, right?).

GridFlow on Windows requires Cygwin/GCC, and then, the camera input uses
Video4Linux, and the video output requires X11. The latter may be fixed,
as you can install X11 on Windows, or you can decide to not do the output,
but for the camera you are out of luck. The most you can do is analyse
pictures/movies from files.

May I remind people that I need someone to take care of the Windows port
and that I'm offering support to volunteers.