[PD] PD 0.36-0 and Jack 0.61.0 doesn't work?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Mar 19 21:13:34 CET 2003

Hallo,

Antonis Galanopoulos hat gesagt: // Antonis Galanopoulos wrote:
> Got todays devel_0_36 from cvs
> pd -alsa works with my complex patch or without
> pd -jack also works with my complex patch or without
> pd -rt -jack or pd -rt  doesnt work with my patch but works with others ( ie
> testtone) and othe simple patches
> my patch crashes with the usual very informative:
> engine has shut down socket; thread exiting
>  pd_gui: pd process exited

Can you see, if jackd ist still running? If not, then this is the
problem I reported last thursday or friday: Pd -realtime can take too
long to load a complex patch and a lot of libraries and this seems to
just kill jackd.

I needed to get this running for my Pd-talk on the LAD conference and
I still cannot use Pd with the Quattro on my notebook directly
(-alsa), so I *needed* -jack on saturday running with a complex patch.

My solution was, to hack s_linux.c and disable the jack_connect
functionality at all. Then the complex patch would load, and atfer
everything is set up, I would jack_connect Pd by hand (or with a small
shell script) I still would prefer a startup option like
"-jack-connect 0/1/alsa_pcm_out_1".

I am starting jackd with jackstart and capabilities. I could figure,
that Pd gets a higher priority than jackd and thus simply kills the
daemon.

ciao