[PD] wacom usb tablet as controller ?

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.de
Tue Apr 8 13:26:25 CEST 2003

hi andre,

Am Dienstag, 8. April 2003 13:17 schrieb Andre Schmidt:
> hi,
>
> as i got a wacom usb tablet lying around, i was wondering if it would be
> possible to use it as a controller for PD ?
>
> so,
>
> [...snip...]
>
> thnx at advance
> -andre

on linux that is very easy. basically, you just need to read out the usb event
device. that is for example /dev/usb/event0 (but thats on my machine)

the event interface is really simple, it gives out the raw events of a usb hid
device, like "pen move absolute 100", of course all as numbers, not ascii.
its just a packet of int's for each event-message.

you may take a look at the usb object i started for jmax, as this just reads
that event device.

of course you need to have a kernel with usb, hid and event support (or have
them as modules)

greets,

chris