[PD] pdp.pd_darwin error: undefined reference to _gluOrtho2D

Me tigital at mac.com
Tue Apr 15 03:05:02 CEST 2003

On Monday, April 14, 2003, at 05:57  PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> When I try to start pd with the new PDP binary for MacOS X, I get his
> error, and Pd quits:
>
> dyld: /usr/local/pd/bin/pd Undefined symbols:
> /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/pdp.pd_darwin undefined reference to
> _gluOrtho2D expected to be defined in /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.1.dylib
>
> I am running MacOS 10.2.4 (now 10.2.5), pd-0.36-extended2.  I have
> installed xfree86-base, xfree86-base-shlibs, xfree86-rootless, and
> xfree86-rootless-shlibs from Fink, and they are all at version
> 4.2.1.1-3.  libGL does exist in the right place:
>
> Any ideas?  Do I need to compile libGL or PDP from source?

...I have gotten it to run compiled against apple's x11 distro, so this
might be the problem, because the GL support is definitely different
between the two...as a matter of fact, that's why I switched to apple's
x11 (better GL support, which allowed gtkRadiant to run, and now pdp)...

...of course, this is all just by way of putting off making a window
object based on AGL, which I should be able to try out this week (after
taxes!)...

l8r,
jamie