[PD] Re: input problem

Mitchell Turner mmturner at mindspring.com
Fri May 2 15:39:24 CEST 2003

Alex,
I recompiled with the file you sent.  Still does not work.  I tried
this first:

./pd -listdev
Digidesign CoreAudio Driver: Succesfully acquired DirectIO, our PID is:
2104
Audio Devices:
device 1: Built-in audio controller;2 inputs, 0 outputs (Default Input)
device 2: Digidesign HW ( MBox );2 inputs, 0 outputs
device 3: Built-in audio controller;0 inputs, 2 outputs (Default Output)
device 4: Digidesign HW ( MBox );0 inputs, 2 outputs

input device 0, output device 2
nchan 2, flags 3, bufs 8, framesperbuf 256

I could get sound out but nothing in.  Then I tried:

% ./pd -audioindev 0 -audiooutdev 2
Digidesign CoreAudio Driver: Succesfully acquired DirectIO, our PID is:
2108
input device 0, output device 2
nchan 2, flags 3, bufs 8, framesperbuf 256

I could get sound out but not in.  Then I tried:

% ./pd -audioindev 1 -audiooutdev 3
Digidesign CoreAudio Driver: Succesfully acquired DirectIO, our PID is:
2111
input device 1, output device 3
nchan 2, flags 3, bufs 8, framesperbuf 256

I could get sound out but could not get sound in.  My sound card is a
Digidesign Mbox, which only has 2in and 2out.

Mitch

On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 02:50  AM, Alex wrote:

> Hi Mitch,
>
> Could you please try to send some sound into some other channels than
> the 1 and 2 of your audio card, like [dac~ 3 4].
> You said that you could not send any input into PD. Apparently you may
> not use your sound card at all.
> The output [dac~] send to channel 1 and 2 of your built-in device
> which redirect them toward your channel 1 and 2 of your sound card.
> This is the problem I have, I always thought using my soundcard but
> this is not the case.
>
> Also, the latest version of PAV18 has changed slightly from 04/10 to
> the 04/16(latest) and the latest one had the same problem than the
> older ones according to Phil Burk.
> Please try to recompile pd with the 04/10 version, that I send to you
> with another email.
>
> Thanks
>
> Alex

Mitchell Turner, Ph.D.