[PD] [inlet], [outlet].

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Wed May 7 03:00:27 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 06 May 2003 20:01, David Sabine wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've come to like the way PD handles this problem.  In my understanding of
> PD and MAX, yes it's a little confusing moving from one program to another
> - always reminding myself "MAX = right to left", "PD = order of
> connections".
>
> However, any mindful programmer appreciates having total control over the
> 'order of operations'.  For this, PD's [trigger] object is a
> lifesaver...but to confuse the issue even further with numbered inlets and
> outlets would be a grand pain in the butt.  Should we then number all send
> and receives too? Should we schedule EVERY object in the patch?  That sort
> of practice seems both unnecessary and very time consuming.

Unless I misunderstood the original poster,  the problem has nothing to do at
all with what order the inlets were fired in, but what order they appear in
at the parent's object box.

I don't understand how this is at all related to the order of processing.

Again, unless I misunderstood, the question was this: If I put a number of
inlets in my patch, how do I know which one will be the first, second, etc..

Larry