[PD] [inlet], [outlet].

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Mon May 12 12:11:42 CEST 2003

hi Mathieu,

sorry for jumping in like that...

It seems to me, that Pd message is not a data structure.  It is
more like a command in tcl -- just a command name (selector) and
arguments (atoms).

So, it is probably safer not to think about message selector as of
the message type.  Typed entities are atoms.  If you want to build
hierarchical data structures in Pd, there is a pointer atom type.

(Of course, unlike tcl commands, Pd messages do not nest, Pd does
neither grouping, nor substitution, etc...  unless one would have
liked to see the parallel between 'list 99' becoming 'float 99'
in Pd and [list 99] evaluating to 99 in tcl...)

Ok, my remarks might very well be off target, etc.

Krzysztof