[PD] PD Launcher/External Manager

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue May 27 23:47:39 CEST 2003

Hallo,
Chad A. Wood hat gesagt: // Chad A. Wood wrote:

> Windows XP (and I think 2000?) has a kind of a "home" folder for each user.
> On XP at least, within the "Documents and Settings" folder, there is a
> folder corresponding the each user's name.

Do you know, if this is consistent accross the world? I know, that at
work (at home I only run Linux) I also have this on W2000, but its
called in german "Dokumente und Einstellungen". So we'd need something
more general than just a path name. Maybe there is a registry setting
for that? On Unix, one can get this info from the file /etc/passwd or
the environment settings.

ciao