[PD] PD Launcher/External Manager

David McCallum david2003 at mentalfloss.ca
Wed May 28 23:57:14 CEST 2003

         Hello all. Not a developer, so make of this what you will, but all
this talk of a default directory in Windows makes me wonder why the
pd-launcher upon installation doesn't just ask the user for their Pd
directory and then store that information in an ini file, or even better, a
reg key.

David

At 17:42 28/05/2003 -0400, bbogart at ryerson.ca wrote:
>Part of my needs for the launcher is the ability to start multiple
>configuration sets, not just a single configuration. Can one point PD to
>using another .pdrc file? (pd -rc c:\windows\profiles\bbogart\.pdrc-EMI)
>
>This would be useful for a default configuration... I'm really not sold on
>the pdrc as a way of storing sets of configs, I think scripts (under linux
>and OSX) and shortcuts (under windows) is the best way for that, that way
>the configs are seperate from the laucher program, which only manages
>(and/or starts PD) the config sets.

.
. Please note that my e-mail address is changing.
.  Either use this address, or check my website for the most recent.
.
.  Music wants to be free
. http://mentalfloss.ca/sintheta/
.