[PD] Re: Real-time sound from rigid-body physics simulator?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Jun 12 15:13:12 CEST 2003

FYI: this is a question for the pd-list.  pd-dev is for questions
directly related to developing pd and objects for pd.  I am responding
on pd-list.

I just found some pd objects for "realizing physical models of impact
interaction" which sounds like what you are looking for:

http://www.soundobject.org/software.html

It should be pretty straightforward to take force and velocity values
into pd and use them to control sound.  The CPU usage would mostly
depend on the synthesis algorithm you use, but I think your target CPU
usage should be reachable.

.hc