[PD] Jackified PD from pure-data.sourceforge.net

Luke Yelavich lukethemuso at ozemail.com.au
Sat Jun 14 07:05:47 CEST 2003

Hi all
I have grabbed pd-0.36.0-extended2 package from sourcefoge, as I was after
jack support. The --enable-jack support option exists in the configure
script, and so does the -jack option for the pd executable. However, it
doesn't seem to work. When using qjackconnect to see what ports are
available, no PD input or output ports appear. Below is the output I get
from PD.

Pd: system call timed out
/dev/dsp (read/write): Interrupted system call
(now will try write-only...)
Pd: system call timed out
/dev/dsp (writeonly): Interrupted system call
error: OSS: SNDCTL_DSP_CHANNELS failed /dev/dsp
audio I/O stuck... closing audio

I have grabbed the latest CVS, and found that jack support is missing, even
though the --enable-jack option exists in the configure script.

I am running Slackware 9.0 with a 2.4.20 kernel with low latency and
preempt, with jack 0.72.2

Any ideas or suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Luke